Consider these questions:
- Will your site have at least 10 (ideally 30 or more) survey tree locations?
- Will surveys be carried out at least 6 times over the late spring and summer?
- Is there an existing pool of potential participants who could share the work of conducting these surveys, or a single individual willing to dedicate the time required?
If you answered yes to all these questions, here are the next steps!
Register for an account. You'll need to supply an email address and create a password.
Once you are logged in, go to the Create New Site page to register your own Caterpillars Count! site. You'll need to enter the following information
- Site name
- Short description (140 characters or fewer)
- Site location. Drag and drop the marker for your survey site onto the map.
- Number of survey locations you expect to support (should be a multiple of 5)
- Site password (You will give this out to participants/volunteers so they can submit surveys for your site. It should be different than your secret Caterpillars Count! account password; you want to give participants access to submit surveys at your site, not access to your whole Caterpillars Count! account!)
You will receive an email once you have created your site with a link to print your branch survey codes. You can simply click that link, or you can manually retrieve and print your branch survey codes from the Manage My Sites page.